Focus of the Research
The Department of Subnuclear Physics is focused in the long term on following research topics:
- The physic of heavy ions at hight energies
- The physic of proton-proton collisions at hight energies
The ALICE experiment is focused on investigation of protons with nuclei collisions and also of nucleus-nucleus interactions. The department is colaborated mainly in:
- developement of the Central Trigger Processor (TPC) electronics and software,
- design and developement of electronics for Silicon Pixel Detector (SPD),
- the study od strange baryons and antibaryons production,
- the study of new forms and phase transitions of nuclear matter at extreme densities.
The ATLAS experiment is aimed at research on proton-proton collisions. Within the framework of the experiment the department is participated on:
- developement of the liquid argon Hadronic Endcap Calorimeter (LAr HEC),
- developement of electronics for LAr HV Backend System,
- the study of proton-proton collisions at LHC energy,
- the study of top quark production.